iOS 8 brings a brand new aspect known as Family Sharing, which is very close to the integration philosophy of Apple. But sometime it is very frustrating when somebody add a child account to Family Sharing and want to remove that account which is not possible because there is no direct way to get rid of this problem and here’s we detailed this issue that how to delete child account on Family Sharing, check out more details.
Families where all or some of the members having iOS devices can really enjoy this new feature by Apple. This feature actually provide such type of content-sharing which was just like a dream before.
For instance if one family person purchased a song,app or movie, and while using Family Sharing he/she can share that app/song or movie with other family members who are using iOS devices as well. It means that they don’t have to purchase that app or song multiple times.
How To Delete Child Account On Family Sharing
When you attempt to child account from Family Sharing, an error is pop-up stating that “Children under 13 cannot be removed from Family Sharing“. In fact you can only transfer this account to another family rather than deleting it.
- Call iCloud support 1-800-MY-APPLE
- iCloud support will ask the email address associated with that child account
- The task to delete the account will be assigned to a Sr. advisor on care support
- You’ll be asked to sign-in with primary account
- After sign-on simply click “password and security“
- Click on “Temporary support PIN” to generate a PIN to provide that PIN to Apple care rep
- After asking few questions by care support the account will be deleted
This account deletion can take time maybe one week. You can confirmed that whether the account is deleted or not from iCloud’s preferences Family Sharing section.