iOS 8 brings a brand new feature called Family Sharing, which is very close to the integration philosophy of Apple. Families where all or some of the members having iOS devices can really enjoy this new feature by Apple. This feature actually provide such type of content-sharing which was just like a dream before. Such as purchase once and share with other family members. So here we are to find that how to enable Family Sharing on iOS 8.
For instance if one family person purchased a song,app or movie, and while using Family Sharing he/she can share that app/song or movie with other family members who are using iOS devices as well. It means that they don’t have to purchase that app or song multiple times.
- Flipboard Update Version 2.0.2 Brings SMS Sharing, Refurbished Profile Pages And More
- Clear Updated To Version 1.2.2 For iPhone And OS X With E-mail List Sharing And More Features
- Step By Step Instructions To Enable 4G LTE On T-Mobile By iPhone 5 Jailbreak Mod
- A New Jailbreak Tweak: How To Enable Facebook Chat Heads
As described on Apple site:
Family Sharing is a new way to bring harmony to your family’s digital life. Up to six people in your family can share purchases from iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store without sharing accounts. Pay for family purchases with the same credit card and approve kids’ spending right from a parent’s device. Easily share photos, a family calendar, and more to help keep everyone connected.
- Family Purchases and Ask To Buy
- Sharing Family Photo Stream
- Sharing Family Calendar and Reminders
- Sharing Your Location
- Provides Find My iPhone
- Apple IDs for Kids
How To Enable Family Sharing On iOS 8
- Open device Settings app
- And tap iCloud
- To enable the Family Sharing feature, just tap on the Set Up Family Sharing
- Sign-in with default iTunes account which will be actually the user to control this family sharing option. Normally, if you are configuring the Family Sharing, it is in fact the default Apple ID
- Next, click on Add Family Member
- Here provide the Apple ID for another member to add that person to use Family Sharing. Joining invitation will be sent to that Apple ID
- Simply repeat the same procedure to add other members of the family to Family Sharing.
Here is one thing to note that in the Family Sharing club each member must have exactly the same credit card info like the first ID who start this sharing option. But don’t worry as every single request for purchase will be directed to you for approval. Therefore, if your little son make a game purchase request, you’ll get the notification asking for your approval. If you refuse, that purchase request will not fulfil.