An Android device has a recovery image on it. What is a recovery image? It is a part of the Android OS, that can be used to access a device by the manufacturer or you can access while restoring your device when device becomes unresponsive.
Custom Recovery Image, it is a recovery image modified by the developer that has the added benefits of allowing us to make major changes to the OS and have even extra customizations on your device as well as if the device becomes responsive.
Here in this tutorial, we’ll step by step guide you that how to install CWM recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (AT&T)
You may also like:
- How To Install ClockworkMod Recovery 6 On Galaxy Note 3
- How to Root and Install CWM ClockworkMod Recovery Samsung Galaxy S3 i747
- CyanogenMod 10.1 Official Nightlies ROM for AT&T Galaxy Note II
- How to Boot Samsung Galaxy S4 into Stock/CWM/TWRP Recovery Mode
What you can do after flashing a custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (AT&T):-
- You can take full backups of your Android device
- Device’s performance can be increased
- It will increase your device’s battery life
- Flashing custom ROMs makes it possible to flash a newer version of Android Operating System, a new user interfaces, adding a lot of new features).
So here’s how to flash a custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (AT&T):
A. Before Starting The Process:-
1. Your device must be rooted before starting with the following guide. How To Root Samsung Galaxy Note 3
2. This process doesn’t need unlocked bootloader.
B. Download Required Files
1. Download Safestrap Recovery APK and save it to your Desktop.
C. CWM Recovery Installation on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (AT&T) with Locked Bootloader
Step No 1:- First connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to computer via the USB cable.
Step No 2:- Now copy the Safestrap Recovery APK, which you have downloaded from the above link, from your Desktop to the root of your SD card.
Step No 3:- After copying the file to SD Card, disconnect Samsung Galaxy Note 3 from computer.
Step No 4:- Enable Unknown sources on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 by going to Menu -> Settings -> Security -> Unknown sources.
Step No 5:- Open the File Manager app and tap on the APK you just copied and it will install.
Step No 6:- After installation, open it from App Drawer.
Step No 7:- Now just tap on Install Recovery button and follow the on-screen instructions.
Step No 8:- Reboot your device, once it’s done.
Great! You have flushed your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (AT&T)
If you have any question or problem about this installation process, then tell us in the comments section below.