Samsung Galaxy S3 is no doubt, one of the best Android Smartphone. If you have owned Galaxy S3 I747, then there is a good news for you, you can now root it and install ClockworkMod Recovery, so unlock its potential and enhanced its user experience and performance. If you’re interested to root and install CWM Recovery on your Galaxy S3, then you’re on the right time and right place, to do it quickly and safely. I will guide through step by step, so that you do it successfully and without any errors.
Before we move on further, I would recommend you to read the following guidelines and prerequisites in order to do it successfully and reliably:
- Rooting Galaxy S3, will void its warranty.
- Make sure you’ve installed your device USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device, from Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
- Download Odin 3 [Direct Link]
- Download ClockworkMod Recovery [Direct Link]
- Download Zip file Root Package for Galaxy S3 I747 [Direct Link]
- Before proceeding make sure you have enough charge on your device, at least 60% is recommended.
- Last but not the least, You are doing this at your own risk.
Now when you have acted upon the above guidelines and have downloaded the required files, now you’re ready to go further.
How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy S3 I747
1. First of all extract the ClockworkMod file you’ve just downloaded earlier.
2. Now you need Turn-Off your Galaxy S3 and then press the Volume Down+Home+Power Buttons simultaneously until you see the warning message on your screen.
3. After you see the warning message, just hit the volume up button once and it will be recovery mode.
4. Now launch Odin from the folder, you have downloaded before. Also, connect your Galaxy S3, to PC.
5. Now in the Odin menu, make sure it recognized your device and hit the PDA Button and select the recovery.img you have extracted from ClockworkMod folder, and then hit the START button in Odin to start flashing CWM recovery on your Galaxy S3 I747.
6. It can take up to 1 minute to complete the process, once its getting completed, your device will automatically reboot.
By now you’ve just installed the ClockworkMod Recovery on your device, now follow the below instructions to Root your Galaxy S3 I747.
- How to Root and Install CWM ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105P
- How to Boot Samsung Galaxy S4 into Stock/CWM/TWRP Recovery Mode
- Step By Step Guide To Root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 On Android 4.2.2 [ChainFire Auto Root]
- How to Root Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200/GT-I9205
Instructions – How to Root Galaxy S3 I747
1. Now first move/save the root zip file package on your Samsung Galaxy S3 I747.
2. After you’ve moved file to your device memory, Again Turn-Off your device and boot it into ClockworkMod recovery. Press and Hold the Volume Up+Home+Power Buttons simultaneously.
3. Now in the ClockworkMod recovery options, use your volume buttons to navigate ‘Install Zip from SD Card‘ and choose the root zip file from the location, where you have saved it, using the power button.
4. Now just wait for device to flash the root zip file on your device. Once it is done, go back to recovery options and choose, ‘Reboot System Now‘.
5. Once your device boots normally, from your Galaxy S3, open the Google Play app and search for ‘SuperSU‘ by Chainfire and install it on your device.
6. That’s it folks, You have successfully rooted access your Galaxy S3 I747.
Hopefully the process went smooth for you, without any errors. For more updates, tips and tricks related your device, stay tuned to iPho9.