We currently do have an untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.1.2, which means we can now unlock iPhone on Apple’s latest firmware. Those of you who want to unlock iPhone on iOS 6.1.2 should follow this guide to get their iPhone unlocked. So check out the easy step-by-step guide below.
Unlock iPhone Running iOS 6.1.2
In this guide we will show you how to get your iPhone unlocked on iOS 6.1.2. But do note that this guide to unlock iPhone is applicable on all iOS firmwares, so those of you who are not on iOS 6.1.2 can still use this method to get your iPhone unlocked.
This method uses SAM unlock activation tickets.
- This guide will work on all iOS firmware from iOS 6 iOS 6.1.2.
- If you are going to upgrade please make sure you preserve your baseband using Snowbreeze 2.9.11.
- This guide will only work if you have saved SAM activation tickets.
- Only use the SIM card that was FIRST USED when you backed up your activation tickets. This is very important and many people fail to realize this which makes this guide useless for them.
- If you do not understand this method then I suggest you to wait until the iPhone Dev team updates redsnow to untether jailbreak iOS 6 which will make the process automatic. Until then you can use this manual method.
- This guide does not depend on baseband, so any iPhone with any baseband can be unlocked (except iPhone 5).
- Saved unlock activation tickets.
- Jailbreak your iPhone using Evasi0n.
- Download iFile from Cydia.
- Original SIM card which was first used when saving SAM unlock activation tickets.
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4S
Here is How To Unlock iPhone iOS 6.1.2 After Jailbreak
SAM iPhone Unlock Guide
STEP 1: Insert your SIM card that was used to for SAM unlock activation method.
STEP 2: Download iFile from Cydia and head over to /var/root/Library.
STEP 3: Tap the edit button on the right hand corner and select Lockdown folder.
STEP 4: Now create a backup using the zip button and delete the lockdown folder.
STEP 5: Now we need those unlock activation tickets you saved. Open Dropbox where you saved the backed up Lockdown folder with the valid activation ticket (Zipped file).
STEP 6: Now unzip this folder with iFile by using Unarchiver
STEP 7: Now you simply need to copy the Lockdown folder. To do that simply tap Edit on the right hand corner and tap clipboard icon and copy it.
STEP 8: Head over to /var/root/Library then tap Edit > tap on clipboard icon then select paste > done.
STEP 9: Any SAMPrefs file installed on you iPhone 4/4S should be deleted. To check if you have deleted them head over to /User/Library/Preferences and search for SAM and delete the com.bingner.sam.plist file.
Step 10: Now simply turn off your iPhone and wait a few minutes and turn it back on again.
That should get your iPhone on iOS 6.1.2 unlocked and up and running.
- How To Unlock iOS 6.1.3 iPhone 3GS & 4 With SAM Tool
- iOS 6.1.3 Unlocking Methods For iPhone 4 / 5 / 4S And iPhone 3GS
- How To Unlock iPhone 5/4S/4 Running iOS 6.1.2 With SAM, Ultrasn0w And Gevey SIM
Some people can’t seem to get their iPhone unlocked using the above method. So for those people who want a different method compared to the one above, should try the alternative method to get their iPhone unlocked on iOS 6.1.2, as suggested by one of our readers.
Alternative Method To Unlock iPhone
This method is almost same as the one mentioned above, only with a few changes. Those people who failed to unlock their iPhone using the above SAM method can try this new tutorial to get their iPhone unlocked.
Well check out the procedure to unlock iPhone on iOS 6.1.2 below.
Do note that this method can be used on all iOS firmwares and any baseband, as well as any iPhone except the iPhone 5.
STEP 1: Update to 6.1.2 with snowbreeze.
STEP 2: When first booted download SAM (repo.bingner.com) and openSSH.
STEP 3: SSH into your phone and place the SAM activation ticket files into the lockdown folder.
STEP 4: Reboot.
STEP 5: Go into SAM -> info -Spoof sim to SAM.
STEP 6: SAM Utils Activate phone.
STEP 7: To get your push messages working, disable push in SAM- Utils.
STEP 8: Then set at Method By country and Carrier.
STEP 9: Set your provider details at Country Carrier SIM ID and Activate in utils menu.
That is it folks. You should now have your iPhone unlocked on iOS 6.1.2. As always if you have any question regarding this guide then comment below so we can get to you and help you out.
Did this guide work for you?