Samsung’s most recent flagship device is Galaxy S5, is among the list of most famous smart phone recently introduced. If you are willing to get this phone from the market in next few days, but you are not very sure about whether you should jump or not to take it simply because some real concerns about device rooting, so don’t worry! A senior renowned developer Chainfire on XDA has done it yet again, yes rooting international model of Galaxy S5, he has just done this many times formerly with earlier models as well. In this post we’ve guide to root Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) by using his tested method called CF-Auto-Root.
Anybody who already has familiar with the CF-Auto-Root must not worry to root their device with this famous procedure, as all the process is just the same. For all those who are strange to this rooting process with CF-Auto-Root which involves installing a file on your smart phone via Odin, which accordingly boots the device using a custom recovery to simply flash SuperSU and after that restore the stock recovery automatically to your smart phone, ensuring that it remains very close to the stock in all the aspects as much as possible even gone through rooting process.
You may also like:-
- Step By Step Guide To Root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 On Android 4.2.2 [ChainFire Auto Root]
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 On Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNAD
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 [Step By Step Guide]
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (N5110) Running Android 4.2 Jellybean
Disclaimer: Follow this guide entirely at your own risk. iPho9 will not be responsible if your phone gets bricked during the process.
Warning: The files provided in this guide are intended ONLY for rooting the International variant of the Galaxy S5 i.e. SM-G900F. Do NOT attempt to root any other variant of the device (or any other device) with this file. (You can check your phone’s model number in Settings > About device > Model number.)
Important: Rooting with this method WILL increase your flash counter, and trigger Samsung’s KNOX warranty flag, so your warranty will be void.
- CF-Auto-Root for Galaxy S5 SM-G900F (involves all the required files such as Odin)
- Samsung USB Drivers installed this on computer.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F)
- Extract the contents of the downloaded CF-Auto-Root archive to a folder on your computer.
- Launch ODIN from the extracted files.
- Click the PDA button in Odin and select the file named CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.tar. Make sure you leave everything else exactly as it is
- Put your phone in download mode by powering it off, and then pressing Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together. If asked to press a button to enter download mode upon booting, do that.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB. One of the boxes in the top should light up.
- Click the Start button in Odin, and just sit back and relax while your phone gets rooted. Just make sure NOT to disconnect your phone from the PC during the process.
Thats all – on next reboot, your Samsung Galaxy S5 will be definitely rooted, while all the other things (including recovery) need to be stock.