Among the ideal things about the Google’s Nexus gadgets is their friendly nature. Designed to offer the genuine Android experience, they do not come packaged having any limits and restrictions by the carriers or manufacturers that cause problems for most of the devices on the market. Therefore, Nexus gadgets are recognized to be rootable easily to such level, that a non-developer just like me been able to root the Nexus 4 successfully, when it arrived a year ago, without having any access to the device. As just a day or two, the Google exposed the new Nexus 5 running on Android 4.4 KitKat, and as we already expect, the product has been rooted successfully, now by the ever amazing Chainfire on XDA. We will find out how to root Nexus 5 with Android 4.4 KitKat : using CF-Auto-Root.
For all those where are serious in technical side of some things (the other one may omit this), this rooting process utilizes the fastboot to unlock the device first, and after that boot it by using a famous version CF-Auto-Root of Chainfire particularly designed for Nexus 5 as a boot image. When booted, the “CF-Auto-Root” boot image inserts the SuperSU APK andsu binary and into the device automatically. Nothing else is change, indicating your device will become fully stock, with no custom boot image, any recovery or any mod is installed.
Please note that since this approach involves device unlocking, almost everything on the device will get washed, except in cases where you’ve unlocked the device bootloader already before trying to root with this approach.
So, as by now you have all the details in your hands, let us move ahead to root the Nexus 5 running on Android 4.4 KitKat.
Disclaimer: Please comply with this tutorial on your own. iPho9 will never be responsible if your gadget gets harmed or having any issue throughout the process.
You may also like these:
- Android 4.4 KitKat Running On Nexus 5 – Allegedly Gallery
- Android 4.4 Kitkat AOSP Version For Nexus 7 Released
- Android 4.4 KitKat Features: Whats New
- Step By Step Guide To Root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 On Android 4.2.2 [ChainFire Auto Root]
- Google Nexus 5 running on Android 4.4 KitKat
- Fastboot drivers (may be flashed as part of the Android SDK)
- CF-Auto-Root for Google Nexus 5
How To Root Nexus 5 With Android 4.4 KitKat
- Download the CF-Auto-Root package and extract its contents to your computer.
- Boot your Nexus 5 into fastboot mode by powering it off, and then pressing and holding Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together.
- Connect your Nexus 5 to your computer via USB and install any drivers if required, as instructed in our Android SDK post linked above.
- Run the CF-Auto-Root script as follows, based on your operating system:
- Windows: Simply double-click the root-windows.bat file from the extracted CF-Auto-Root files.
- Linux: Open Terminal, navigate to the directory where you extracted the CF-Auto-Root package, and enter the following commands one by one:chmod +x root-linux.sh ./root-linux.sh
- Mac: Open Terminal, navigate to the directory where you extracted the CF-Auto-Root package, and enter the following commands one by one:chmod +x root-mac.sh ./root-mac.sh
- Follow any on-device instructions for unlocking the bootloader if prompted, and then let the script do its magic.
That’s it – get pleasure from the Nexus 5 root access by now!