Everybody is very excited by getting the new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus because holding this new device giving some edge to its owner on other smartphones, but the main issue face by these users that how to transfer old iPhone data to new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, and a very simple solution is provided here; take your old iPhone backup first and then restore that backup on your new iPhone 6 either using iTunes or iCloud, here we covered restoring through iTunes only.
Using this method all your old iPhone data including your photos, messages, notes, email accounts and other settings will be transferred to new iPhone.
In order to complete this guide it is highly recommended that upgrade your old iPhone to iOS 8 as well to avoid any incompatibility issues, follow our guide how to update your iPhone to iOS 8.
- How to Recover iPhone Data Easily From Backup With Dr Fone
- How To Transfer Old iPhone SMS/iMessages To iPhone 5/5s
- iSkysoft: Simple Data Recovery Software For iPhone
- Top 3 iPhone Data Recovery Packages For Mac
How To Transfer Old iPhone Data To New iPhone 6
To transfer your old iPhone data to new iPhone 6 using iTunes follow below given steps:
- Download the latest version of iTunes from Apple’s website or via Software Update inside iTunes
- Make your old iPhone backup using iTunes
- After taking device complete backup, power off your old device
- Take your new iPhone 6 and turn it on and follow the setup assistant
- On “Set Up iPhone” screen, just hit the option named “Restore from iTunes Backup“
- Connect your iPhone 6 with computer with latest iTunes already installed
- iTunes will prompt either set up as new or restore from backup, here select the option restore from backup by selecting old iPhone backup and wait patiently
- After completing restore process, your device will reboot, but don’t disconnect your new device as let your device to sync properly
- If your device backup is not encrypted, then you have to provide the Apple ID password, email, voice mail and other account info as the passwords are not transferred to new device because of some security concerns
And it is so simple, now enjoy the new iPhone 6 with all the previous device data and settings. After transferring the data just turn on your old iPhone and now you can delete all the settings and data.