Upon introducing Nexus 5 the very first device running on Android 4.4 KitKat, Google assured to deliver the KitKat update to the latest Nexus gadgets along with the Google Play versions of Galaxy S4 and also for HTC One very soon. If you’ve the Nexus 7 (2012/2013 Wi-Fi only variant) or Nexus 10, you will be the first fortunate ones, as Google just release the update to such kind of tablets. If you do not need to wait for official Over The Air update to install KitKat on your device and would like to take everything in your hands, you possibly can get this update from Google’s servers and install it directly on your tablet, and that is what we will be go through in following post. So, read on to install Android 4.4 KitKat on Nexus 7 and 10 now.
Disclaimer: Please stick to this tutorial at your personal risk. iPho9 will never be responsible if your gadget receives damaged through the process.
Also see that this update is designed for Nexus 7 Wi-Fi only version, and will never deliver the results on the models of the Nexus device with 3G connectivity.
You may also like these:
- Install Android 4.4 KitKat Keyboard For Devices Running On Android 4.0 & Above: How To
- How To Root Nexus 5 With Android 4.4 KitKat : Using CF-Auto-Root
- Android 4.4 Kitkat AOSP Version For Nexus 7 Released
- Install Android 4.4 KitKat Launcher On Android Jelly Bean Device Now
Steps To Install Android 4.4 KitKat On Nexus 7 And 10
- Nexus 7 (2012) Wi-Fi edition or Nexus 10 running latest stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. (The update may not likely work if your device isn’t running a fully stock ROM.)
- Android SDK installed for ADB access.
- Download Android 4.4 KitKat Update for:
Step 1: Connect your Nexus device to your computer with USB.
Step 2: Reboot tablet in recovery, and set it in “ADB sideload mode”.
Step 3: Open the Command Prompt on window or Terminal on Mac or Linux and go-to the place where you’ve the OTA (Over The Air) update file.
Step 4: Type and enter following command:
adb sideload filename.zip
replace “filename” with full name of OTA update file
Step 5: As soon as the procedure is completed, reboot your tablet.
If all things moves nicely, your gadget should start with Android 4.4 KitKat now. Get pleasure from new and delicious flavor of Android.