Shifting BlackBerry 10’s contacts to a new iPhone 5, 5c, 5s must be much easier but sad to say, with BlackBerry Desktop and Google Sync not available now, it is now little more complicated. Don’t worry however: we can even now move all the contacts from a BlackBerry 10 device to our own iPhone 5 , 5c or 5s in a couple of easy steps. Here’s is a short guide that how to transfer Blackberry contacts to iPhone.
There are actually a lot of techniques to do this. The simplest obviously is to download a 3rd-party application such as Phone Transfer and then take a backup of your BlackBerry 10 device. There’s also CardDAV method via Google account that’ll sync all your BlackBerry contacts to your Google account. After which you can transferred those contact back to your new iPhone effortlessly.
You may also like:
- How To Sync iPhone With Google Gmail Contacts
- How To Transfer Android Phone Contacts To iPhone
- iPhone Contacts Backup Using iTunes & iCloud – How To
- How To Transfer Android Data To iPhone 5s & 5c
Transfer Blackberry Contacts To iPhone Via 3rd-party Application
Considering that there is a big demand to transfer Blackberry contacts to a iOS, and plenty of applications have developed to fulfill this requirement. It is very obvious, that testing each application will beyond the scope but here is a few of them.
A very well-liked application which could help is the CopyTrans. Using CopyTrans, the procedure is actually just like Phone Transfer software. Here are the steps.
- Backup the BlackBerry device to your computer
- When backing up, click on Configure Settings and select only Address Book.
- Next, select Windows 7 (Contacts) or just Outlook.
- Pick One-Way-Sync in the next window.
- Proceed to finish the configuration and then hit Sync.
- Once the contacts get added to your Address book, you can use CopyTrans Contacts to just drag-drop the contacts into the software, sync to your iPhone and all the contacts are now imported to your iPhone.
Please note that we have only defined the overall steps. Subject to what application you choose, you will find detailed guides on company own website which will make it easier for you to transfer BlackBerry contacts to your own iOS device.
Transfer Blackberry Contacts To iPhone Via CardDAV Sync
Despite that this technique is too long to use, you may use the CardDAV along with Google contacts to transfer BlackBerry 10 contacts to iPhone. To get this done, you will require a Gmail account.
- On your BlackBerry, go to Settings → Accounts
- Tap on Add Account → Advanced
- Select CardDAV
- Enter your Google username and password
- In the server address, enter www.google.com
- Set a Sync interval.
- Tap on Done to finish the setup.
Hang on for little while and all of your BlackBerry contacts will be automatically synced. When you check the Google contacts on a browser, you will find that all the BB contacts will be available on your Google account.
Now, take your iPhone
- Go to Settings → Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- If you have already added the Google account, tap on the Gmail account and enable the switch for Contacts.
- If you haven’t added, tap on Add Account → Gmail
- Enter the email, password details and login. When prompted to enable the toggles for Mail, Notes, Calendar and Contacts, make sure the Contacts switch is enabled.
- Wait for a few minutes and your contacts should be populated with the contacts from your BlackBerry device.
And that’s all, all of your BlackBerry contacts will be transferred to your new iPhone without any trouble and you can use these contacts on your iOS device as well.