Normally iPhone 5 having weak WiFi antenna which is not enjoyable for people who’re surfing the internet over WiFi on regular basis. Although it is actually possible to fix it, as we can do absolutely nothing about poor antenna on iPhone 5 as well as poor WiFi connection definitely it needs replacement, and here we find a solution for it that how to replace iPhone weak WiFi antenna with few easy steps.
If there is some real problem with antenna which do not detect the networks then either you should take your device to any Apple own service center for repairing if the device is under warranty or just follow this little iPhone 5 antenna repair guide. This second approach is risky one. As many people repair their device antenna successfully and save a lot of money. You can also do this by your own risk.
Note: Please remember this guide is only for informative purpose if any damage or problem occurred to your own device than iPho9 is not responsible by any means just follow at your own risk.
Tools for iPhone 5 Antenna Repairing
There are some instruments you should have in order to disassemble your gadget and assemble it back. You’ll need to get the new WiFi antenna for your model, a five-point security screwdriver, a spudger tool and suction cup, #000 Phillips screwdriver and a flat head one, a razor blade and iSesamo opening tool.
How To Replace iPhone Weak WiFi Antenna
- Just before you begin to fix your iPhone antenna problem you should take a proper data backup of your device and then switch it off.
- Now remove device’s front side display assembly. There are actually two screws you’ve to pull off by using security screwdriver. Which are located directly at device’s bottom.
- The base of the device screen may be lifted slightly by using the suction cup. Place this over the device Home button. Still never remove the device front panel for the reason that few cables are connected to its top.
- Now it is possible to move the panel upward and remove the three screws with help of Phillips screwdriver.
- Simply disconnect all the three connected cables by using spudger tool. At this stage you can now take away the screen assembly.
- Now the battery should be removed. To start this process, you’re suggested to remove the 2 screws from the shield which covers it by using Phillips screwdriver.
- You have to disconnect only one connector by using the spudger.
- Take care when taking away the battery. Use the opening tool iSesamo and place it inside the upper left nook of the device battery. Lift up and then move its left part toward bottom. Now you should remove it.
- The #000 screwdriver will allow you to get rid of the screw from the shield which covers the device dock connector.
- Makes use of the spudger to simply pry up the one cable and the other one is located on device logic board to take out this logic board at a later time.
- With the Phillips screwdriver remove the two screws on top of the board, and now remove the silver shield.
- Unscrew the 2 screws from top of iPhone 5 frame with exactly the same screwdriver use in previous step.
- Use the spudger to simply disconnect the 3 more cables from top of logic board.
- Take the Phillips screwdrivers and flat head and take out the 2 and 3 screws as shown in this picture.
- Pick the SIM removing tool or just a paperclip to remove the SIM tray.
- You can now lift up the logic board slightly. Watch out as you’ll find the cable (the Wi-Fi connector) which are connected to the top. Disconnect this with spudger tool.
- Now remove the logic board.
- With the Phillips screwdriver you can remove the other 3 screws to free up the vibrator component.
- You should take a new iPhone 5 WiFi antenna for replacement. With spudgertool just pry up the previous weak WiFi antenna and replace this very carefully.
- Now you need to move through all the steps 18-2 in backward direction to re-assemble your iPhone 5 to fix the weak WiFi antenna problem.
We hope, that you performed almost everything properly and carefully, so your iPhone 5 weak WiFi antenna issue will definitely be fixed.