Although iCloud do the great job to organize and manage our phone contacts, but when we import large amount of contacts and numbers to our iPhone and iPad from iCloud then things goes wrong, as there is a big chance that we mess up duplicate contacts. You can find those duplicates but if there’s a lot then it is difficult to find and delete duplicate contacts. Luckily, we find an app on App Store which can help us to find and remove duplicate numbers and contacts and down below you can find the steps to remove the duplicate contacts from your iPhone and iPad.
The stock Contacts app doesn’t provide such feature. If you need to remove duplicate contacts from your iPhone or iPad.
How To Remove Duplicate Contacts On iPhone and iPad
- Download Smart Merge
- Open Smart Merge and just follow the instructions to login
- Once you granted the privileges to the app, it will scan all the contacts automatically
- Tap Show Duplicates to find the duplicates
- Hit the “Duplicate Contacts” section to expand the list
- Tap on “Info button” alongside contacts which has been marked as duplicate by the Smart Merge in order to see the changes
- The contact that you want to delete or merge as a duplicate, just tap those contacts to exclude them from selection.
- And finally hit the Merge button to start deleting or merging process.
It is recommended to check the duplicates just before doing any action, you may have same contact name which is not the duplicate one. Smart Merge also offers other useful options such as contacts backup, sort contacts, filter contacts and things like that which are not offered by the built-in Contacts app.