A week ago, as iH8sn0w introduced new p0sixspwn version v1.0.8, which help us to carry out iOS 6.1.6 untethered jailbreak. Before this, people were required to use the Redsn0w to conduct the same jailbreak, and after that just install the p0sixspwn program to transform the same tethered jailbreak to untethered jailbreak. Here we got another guide to jailbreak iOS 6.1.6 using P0sixspwn.
In this specific tutorial, we’ll show the detailed guide to jailbreak iOS device running on iOS 6.1.6 applying p0sixspwn new version for both Mac and Windows.
You may also like:-
- How To Get iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.4 And 6.1.5 Untethered Jailbreak Using P0sixspwn
- P0sixspwn: iOS 6.1.3 / iOS 6.1.5 Jailbreak Tool Released For Windows [Download]
- P0sixspwn Untethered Jailbreak Gets Updated To v1.0.5
- Download P0sixspwn For iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4 / 6.1.5 Untethered Jailbreak
As p0sixspwn is available for the following iOS devices running on iOS 6.1.3– iOS 6.1.6:
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 5
- iPad 2
- iPad 3
- iPad 4
- iPad mini
- iPod touch 4
- iPod touch 5
Just before starting the iOS jailbreak you must check these:
- Please take a backup of your device using iTunes.
- Please disable the passcode on your iOS device temporarily for the jailbreak process. (Settings > General > Passcode Lock – Turn Passcode Off). Don’t forget to enable it after you’ve successfully jailbroken your device.
- Please uncheck Encrypt iPhone (iPad/iPod touch) Backup option in iTunes temporarily for the jailbreak process. Don’t forget to enable it after you’ve successfully jailbroken your device.
Guide To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.6 Using P0sixspwn
- Download p0sixspwn most up-to-date version, and save the downloaded version on your desktop.
- Extract the download application by double clicking on it.
For windows user: Extract the p0sixspwn application to Desktop or your C: drive just before performing jailbreak. Never run the zip directly. And also run the application as Administrator.
- As the p0sixspwn program start, it’ll ask you to connect the iOS device you have.
- By connecting your own iOS device to your computer. The p0sixspwn will detect your iOS device and show you a message along with the iOS current firmware version as well.
- Now just click the Jailbreak button.
- After clicking “Jailbreak” the program will show you the progress on different phases of this jailbreak process for example.
- Connecting to device …
- Getting payload files from Apple .. (If this fails, your internet connection has issues…)
- Gathering information to generate jailbreak data…
- Sending initial data … [You will see Restore in Progress on your iOS device]
- Waiting to reboot. Do not unplug your device.
- Waiting for device… [You will see this after the device has rebooted]
- Remounting root…
- Sending Cydia and untether payload to the device… [After sometime it will reboot the device]
- Your device is now jailbroken, it now preparing to reboot automatically.
- After rebooting your iOS device will be jailbroken device and you will find the most wanted Cydia icon on your device home screen.
Troubleshooting To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.6:
For Mac: If the p0sixspwn ends right after device rebooting on your Mac, then try out the p0sixspwn v1.0.2.
For Windows: If you are using Windows 8 and face some issue, then run this application in Windows 7 compatible mode, for doing this just right-click on application exe, and click the Properties from given menu, and then click on Compatibility tab. Check the box named “Run this program in compatibility mode for”, after which pick Windows 7 from drop down menu.
Downgrading the iTunes:Many users who’ve Windows computers have mentioned that they were able to jailbreak their own iOS devices successfully just by downgrading the iTunes from iTunes v11.2.2 to iTunes v11.1.4.