Downgrade iOS 9 Beta To iOS 8.3 Or iOS 8.4 [Guide]
People who already updated their devices by installing the latest iOS 9 beta, but found some apps are crashing or bugs with new OS then they can restore their devices back to stable iOS firmware. Here’s a complete guide to downgrade iOS 9 beta to iOS 8.3 Or iOS 8.4, because Apple is still signing these iOS versions.
Read This Before Downgrading iOS 9 Beta:
• You can only downgrade back to iOS latest version which is iOS 8.3.
• To avoid any data lose please take proper device backup using iTunes or iCloud before doing downgrade.
• This process will wipe the device and also take some time which totally depends on your internet speed.
• The important thing here is that you can’t restore any iOS 9 backup on iOS 8.x because iOS 9 backups are not backwards compatible, so you either have to restore old iOS 8.x backup or get everything from start on iOS 8.3.
If you want to downgrade your iOS device back to iOS 8.3 from iOS 9 beta 1, which is compatible with the following iOS devices:
- iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, Retina iPad mini
- iPad mini , iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3
- iPod touch (5th generation)
Steps To Downgrade iOS 9 Beta To iOS 8.3 Or iOS 8.4:
• Download and install the latest iTunes version on your PC.
• If Find My iPhone is enabled turn-off this before restoring your device by navigating to Settings –> iCloud –> Find My iPhone
• Head over to our page to download iOS 8.3 IPSW for your iOS device. Ensure that you have downloaded the correct IPSW firmware according to the model number of your device. Installing incorrect firmware might damage the iOS device. Downloading the firmware will take some time.
• Connect the iOS device with your PC via its USB data cable. The iTunes will open and showing your device.
- Put your own iOS device inDFU Mode by just applying following steps.
- Press & hold your device Home and Sleep/Wake buttons together.
- After 10 seconds just release Sleep/Wake button but keep holding the device home button right until the iTunes display a message showing that iPhone is detected in recovery mode. Click OK button.
- The screen of your iPhone will remain black.
• Hold-down the Alt/Option button (in Windows hold down Shift button) and then click button titled as “Restore iPhone..”.
• Pick the iOS 8.3 firmware file which you already downloaded previously from a window which appears and then click on Open button.
• The downgrade process will start now via iTunes which will take some time so don’t unplug your device from computer.
After successful iOS 9 downgrade, you will see a ‘Hello’ screen simply follow the on-screen instructions to start things normal.