At Google I/O 2015 Google launched Android M developer preview for Nexus devices. Currently Android M is in beta stage and available for few devices only. This new Android OS is in beta version means that it carries some bugs and not carries all the device drivers so shouldn’t be used as regular firmware. People who just want to check the new Android look and feel on their devices can follow some simple steps to install Android M Launcher without rooting Android device now.
Following this little guide you can install Android M Launcher on your own Android device. And if you are having Nexus device such as Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 9 and Nexus player then follow our Step-By-Step guide to install Android M Developer Preview on your Nexus device .
The Android M developer preview direct download links are as follows:
- Nexus 5
- Nexus 6
- Nexus 9
- Nexus Player
Steps To Install Android M Launcher On Android Device:
- Download the APK file for Android M Launcher
- Once downloaded, open and install the apk
- Once installed, open “Use Google Now Launcher as home” and hit “Always” option
- After carrying out this, install the .apk for Velvet App
- A pop-up window will open, select “New” and hit “install”
- Go-to the Settings –> Apps
- Now from Apps simply find and open settings for Google Now Launcher and hit
- Now for the Google App do exactly the same, and that’s it.
After installing Android M launcher you will feel some change by having a new revamped app drawer which will sort all the apps alphabetically, a dynamically updated Favorites list and also convert the horizontal scrolling to vertical.