Downgrade iOS 8 To iOS 7.1.2: Here’s How
Everybody is patiently waiting for iOS 8 and as released today so user who upgraded their iOS devices to Apple latest firmware iOS 8 but they facing some problems or performance related issues on updating their iOS devices and need to downgrade iOS 8 to iOS 7.1.2, then here is how to downgrade iOS 8 back to iOS 7.1.2 as the good news for all such users is that Apple still signing the iOS 7.1.2 firmware file so they can downgrade their devices.
Before proceeding to perform iOS 8 downgrade you should read following points:
- Downgrade back to iOS 7.1.2 is only possible
- Take proper device backup using iCloud or iTunes.
- Apple doesn’t encourage you to downgrade your device so proceed with cautions.
Steps To Downgrade iOS 8 To iOS 7.1.2
Follow these steps to downgrade iOS 8 back to iOS 7.1.2
- Download the firmware of iOS 7.1.2 for your own iOS device. Because you can downgrade to the most current iOS firmware signed by the Apple( which is iOS 7.1.2 right now)
- Open iTunes from dock.
- Press & hold your device Home and Sleep/Wake buttons together.
- After 10 seconds just release Sleep/Wake button but keep holding the device home button right until the iTunes display a message showing that iPhone is detected in recovery mode.
- The screen of your iPhone will remain black.
- Hold-down the Alt/Option button (in Windows hold down Shift button) and then click button titled as “Restore iPhone..”.
- If Find My iPhone is enabled turn-off this before restoring your device.
- Pick the iOS firmware file which you already downloaded previously from a window which appears and then click on Open button.
- When you asked for confirm to restore to iOS 7.1.2 just click on Restore button.
- iTunes will move through the procedure of downgrade and right after 10 minutes, the device will be running on iOS 7.1.2.
- After the restoration and restart. You will see the “Slide to set up”. Just follow the on-screen instructions of iOS Setup Assistant.
And that’s all you have successfully downgraded iOS 8 to iOS 7.1.2. The device activation may be prompted.