Apple released the iOS 8.1.3 for all new iOS devices and you can find the direct download links for iOS 8.1.3 IPSW files, provided here, people who have already upgraded their iOS devices accidentally and facing problems then the good news is, that Apple still signing the iOS 8.1.2 firmware, it means that iOS 8.1.3 downgrade is possible and down here we’ve given a step by step guide to downgrade iOS 8.1.3 to iOS 8.1.2 back, just check more details.
Before proceeding to Downgrade iOS 8.1.3:
- iOS 8.1.3 can downgrade back to iOS 8.1.2 only
- Take proper device backup using iCloud or iTunes
- Apple not recommended any such downgrade so follow this guide at your own risk
- Download iOS 8.1.2 for your own iOS device.
Steps To Downgrade iOS 8.1.3 Back To iOS 8.1.2:
- Connect your iOS device with computer with latest version of iTunes already installed
- Launch iTunes, and from top-right select your iPhone/iPad
- Hold down Shift Key (on Windows) or Alt/Option key (on Mac) from keyboard and then just click the button captioned “Check for Update“, rather than “Restore” option. You can downgrade your iOS 8.1.3 device to iOS 8.1.2 successfully by applying this otherwise the “Restore” is option is there which is more cumbersome
Please note : While applying the restore option all device data will be lost so please take complete backup before applying the Restore option
- Select the right iOS 8.1.2 IPSW file for your iOS device which you have downloaded already
- A pop-up will shown telling that
“iTunes will update your iPhone/iPad to iOS 8.1.2 and will verify the update with Apple”
- Just hit the “Update” button
- The downgrade process will start
- Your device will reboot, and “Slide To Upgrade” will appear on device screen, after giving the pass-code the downgrade process will continue. The moment the downgrade process is completed you will ask to activate your iOS device.
That’s the story about iOS 8.1.3 downgrade process, but keep in mind that this is valid tight until Apple stop signing iOS 8.1.2 firmware and once Apple stop iOS 8.1.2 firmware signing then there will be no way to do this.