Being an Android user using animated wallpapers like GIF images is not a difficult task to do but on other hand an iPhone user can set rigid and static wallpaper on their home screen and lock screen. As we got so many iOS version for last couple of years but Apple isn’t interested in such thing we can say. As Apple recently released iOS 7.1.2, and furthermore it is jailbreakable with new Pangu version 1.1.0, but every body will be very keen to find that how to set GIF wallpaper on iPhone & iPad running on iOS 7.1.2; so here’s the way.
For all such people who really like an animated iOS device screen should check a new Cydia tweak called GIFPaper which allow you to set a GIF animated image on your device home screen. Now this GIFPaper has also been updated for iPad running on iOS 7.1.x, so all those who already have a jailbroken device running on iOS 7.1.x in their hands download and install this little tweak and then enjoy the animated home screen.
You might also like:
- Download Wallpaper Cyclr Cydia Tweak To Change iPhone Wallpaper Automatically
- Download LockStatusHide Jailbreak Tweak To Hide iPhone Status Bar, Watch Widget When Lock Screen Is On
- Customizing App Icons Without Jailbreaking Your iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch Devices
- DimInCall iPhone App: How To Keep Your iPhone Screen Dim While Calling
A brief detail about GIFPaper Cydia tweak:
GIFPaper also allows you to set animated GIF images as home screen, lock screen background, or both. Set any GIF wallpaper by holding down on the GIF in Safari, and then selecting “Set Wallpaper” from the menu that appears. You can also set a GIF wallpaper from your saved photos library or by typing in its URL on the GIFPaper settings page. Additionally, you can change the GIF speed on the options page. GIFPaper is perfect for anyone who wants an exciting, animated wallpaper!
– Set GIF from Safari
– Set GIF on settings page
– Set GIF from saved photos
– Change GIF speed
– Change GIF size
– Change GIF type (lock screen, home screen, both)
– Easily enable/disable GIFPaper
– Low battery consumption
– More features coming soon!
Some new features in V1.2
– iOS 7.1.x support
– iPad support
– Major stability updates (no more boot loops on big gifs)
– Removed GIF speed option (too many bugs with it)
– Minor GUI changes
– Minor bug fixes for Safari addon.
– Minor bug fix where GIFPaper is incompatible with BadgeBoss
How To Set GIF Wallpaper On iPhone & iPad:
When you install this new tweak on you iOS device, then open device settings app to make some configuration for this tweak. You will see a new app called “GIFPaper” in setting menu with various options to adjust your animated wallpaper. First of all there will be “Enabled” option to enable/disable this tweak and below this switch you will see a new option for GIF URL of your required GIF wallpaper. And some other options to configure the appearance of GIF wallpaper on you device home screen. This little tweak is available on Cydia famous Repo BigBoss for just $1.