MX Player is one of the best media player on Android supported devices. This player can play any type/format of file on your Android device. On the other hand, currently the player does not support the AC3 and DTS audio codec by Dolby Digital. It implies that there will be no audio when playing a video on MX Player which requires MLP, ACE,AC3 or DTS audio codec, but down here you can find an easy approach to get MX Player audio codec AC3 & DTS support back.
How To Get MX Player Audio Codec AC3 & DTS Support
To add the AC3 and DTS codec for MX Player manually follow this guide.
- Open the MX Player app on your device
- Select Settings from Tools drop down menu
- Tap Decoder in Settings menu
- Find Custom codec in Codec settings menu by scroll down to the bottom
- Here you will find your Android device architecture just note it down, i.e. if it x86 then you should use x86 custom codec
- Now from XDA forum download AC3 codec file based on your device and save it to your Android device default Downloads folder
- After downloading open the MX Player -> Settings -> Decoder -> and hit the Custom Codec
- You’ll be prompted for codec file selection. Just navigate to location where you’ve downloaded the codec file to pick it
- After installing the codes the MX Player will restart automatically
- Now the codes are installed and to check it just navigate to Settings -> Decoder -> Custom Codec and here you’ll find the custom codec.
The reason behind these codecs is not supported by MX Player anymore is that due to the licensing issue means you can use these codecs by manually downloading the file mentioned earlier. So enjoy your favorite movies with these codecs on your MX Player.