As evad3rs giving a huge surprise to all of us by releasing the most awaited jailbreak tool evasi0n7 for iOS 7 – iOS 7.0.4. But now in this tutorial, we’ll tell the step by step guide to jailbreak iPhone on iOS 7.0.x using evasi0n7 for both Windows and Mac. Here is some very crucial to note just before you move forward.
- This guide is intended for the iPhone, but can also be used for iPad and iPod touch also.
- evasion carries out the untethered jailbreak
- evasi0n supports all the iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c and iPhone 5S.
- Important: Please do not forget to backup your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes before you proceed.
- Please ensure you’ve updated iTunes to the latest version.
- evasi0n is compatible with iOS 7, iOS 7.0.1, iOS 7.0.2, iOs 7.0.3 and iOS 7.0.4 (Settings -> General -> About – Version)
- Please note that jailbreaking your iPhone may void your warranty and hence proceed with caution and at your own risk
- Please do not jailbreak your iPhone to pirate apps from the App Store.
- Warning: We’re hearing some users having problems using the jailbreak, so you may want to wait for evad3rs to release an update which fixes the initial bugs.
- You may use this guide to jailbreak your iPad and iPod touch 5g with evasi0n7 as well.
Steps To Jailbreak iPhone On iOS 7.0.x Using evasi0n7
Step 1: Download the most recent version for evasion jailreak from this given link and then save this on your desktop with folder named “evasi0n”.
Step 2: Click twice this downloaded file and then extract the same application to that evasi0n folder. Go-to evasion application and then start this.
For Windows users: Run the evasion application with Administrator account by right click on exe file and then select the option “Run as Administrator”.
Step 3: Immediately after launching the evasi0n, you’ll be asked to connect the iPhone with computer.
Step 4: Disable the iPhone pass-code for the reason that jailbreak may fail, if the iPhone’s pass-code is enabled so just heading to “Settings app -> General -> Pass-code Lock On -> Turn off the Passcode”.
Step 5: After disabling passcode, connect the iPhone with computer. The evasi0n will detect the iPhone and will show the existing iOS firmware. Click on Jailbreak button.
Step 6: After clicking the Jail-break button the evasi0n tool will show the progress update on the different phases of jailbreak process for instance:
- Retrieving remote package
- Uploading jailbreak data
- Injecting evasion app (1/2)
- Injecting evasion app (2/2)
- Configuring system (1/2)
- Configuring system (2/2)
- Rebooting device
Please hang on with patience while jail-break process is actually running, never start Xcode or iTunes at this same time.
Step 7: As soon as the iPhone is re-booted, you’ll get the message to unlock the iPhone. Don’t shut evasi0n application.
Step 8: Unlock the iPhone and tap on evasi0n 7 app (the main one having the evasi0n 7 icon).
Step 9: When the evasi0n app is started, the iPhone’s screen will become white and then reboot once again.
Step 10: The remaining jail-break process now will take place. After the reboots, you’ll see the big logo of evasi0n with the messages telling you the status of running jailbreak process like:
- Reading kernel
- Calculating offsets
- Setting up packages
- Setting up Cydia
- Continuing with boot
Step 11: After iPhone reboot. It’s been jailbroken successfully and you will find the great Cydia icon on home screen.
Have a look at this below video:
(Source : iphonehacks)
Please be aware if the jailbreak process becomes stuck in middle, it is secure to just restart this process, by hard reseting the iPhone , and run the process once again.
Note: If you’d upgraded to the iOS 7.x by using OTA (Over The Air) option or by iTunes and having troubles jailbreaking the device using evasi0n jailbreak, then try out a full restore by using the iTunes and after that jail-break again to check out if it is effective.