Simply speaking for Apple ID accounts the recovery key is very crucial, as with the help of recovery key one can get back into two-step verification which has been blocked temporarily after third-party login attempt. And also for iCloud account if you actually fail to remember your password, then you will definitely need the recovery key to reset it. But what if you lost your recovery key printout, then it is necessary to make a new recovery key. So if you now you already know your password so it is time to create a new recovery key making sure that in future your Apple has been locked you have the key to restore it back. And here is how to make new recovery key to restore lost Apple ID. Check out the details.
This guide is effective when you know the your Apple ID password, and by following these steps you will be able to have a new recovery key for resetting your Apple ID password.
How To Make New Recovery Key To Restore Lost Apple ID
Follow these simple procedure to generate new Apple ID recovery key:
- Click the button named Manage your Apple ID
- On next screen you need your current Apple ID and password to login
- For verification click on one of the method as shown below
- Just enter the verification code in boxes and click continue button
- On next screen click the option Replace Lost Key and click next button
- Your new recovery key will be shown, take a print and save it in safe place
- Finally you need to confirm your newly generated recovery key to activate this new key.
It is very important to keep your recovery key in safe place where no one can find it except you, and if anybody get your recovery key will be able to reset your Apple ID. And if so you find that someone got your key so immediately you have to generate a new recovery key for your existing Apple ID.