We are here with a new iOS 9.2 final to iOS 9.1 downgrade guide. One thing is important to note that this is effective until iOS 9.1 signing is not closed by the Apple. The moment this signing window is closed, no one can downgrade iOS 9.2 back to iOS 9.1 using iTunes. The downgrade procedure is very simple and given below.
As we have already know that the iOS 9.2 final version is come with some bug fixes and performance improvements beside number of features already provided in beta versions of iOS 9.2. As with Safari View Controller a 3rd party Action Extensions are supported now in Safari View Controller, which is actually a new window that pop-up when you tap on a hyper link in some apps. We also heard some news that iOS 9.2 provides support for Greek, Finnish and Polish to iOS Siri. It also allows you to reload any web-page without Content Blockers.
People who already get this new update but facing some issues and need to downgrade iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1 to fix the issues, then down here a very simple guide to get back the last update, as Apple has not yet blocked the signing window for this.
iOS 9.2 Final To iOS 9.1 Downgrade Guide
As iOS 9.1 is last stable iOS version, you cannot update to an older version through iTunes. You will have to go through the following process.
- From device Settings turn-off Find my iPhone (Settings -> iCloud -> Find my iPhone)
- Head over to this page and download iOS 9.1 IPSW for your iOS device. Ensure that you have downloaded the correct IPSW firmware according to the model number of your device. Installing incorrect firmware might damage the iOS device. The firmware downloading will take some time and it totally depends on the size of firmware files.
- Once you have the correct iOS firmware version downloaded, connect your iOS device to the computer using USB cable
- Launch iTunes and select your own iOS device
- Navigate to the device’s summary page and hold the Option/Alt key on Mac Or, Shift key if you are using Windows
- While holding the key combination mentioned above, click Check for Update in iTunes
- Browse to the location where you have saved the IPSW file and open it
- iTunes will prompt you that your device will update to iOS 9.1 with Apple verification, just click Update
- Now iTunes will begin downgrading your iPhone/iPad and install iOS 9.1
- You will find screen with “Slide to upgrade”. Type your device passcode, and hold on for downgrade procedure to complete. You may be asked for device activation.
The moment the iOS 9.2 downgrade to iOS 9.1 procedure is completed your device will be running on iOS 9.1. If you want to restore your backup, go to the device’s summary page in iTunes and click on Restoring Backup. Wait for some time until the process is completed, and your device should be back on iOS 9.2.