Stepping into the jailbreak world, there are actually a few steps that you will need to understand to operate your own iPhone/iPad, and iPod touch. Absolutely, among the most significant things that you must learn when jail-breaking is putting your gadget in the DFU mode. The process is well-known to require somewhat of accurate timing and exercise to get all the things right. But what if your own iOS device having a broken home button? Well worry not, there’s a way for how to get DFU Mode without Home button.
The most important idea to enter in DFU mode without having home button is to utilize the most recent version of Redsn0w. The Redsn0w contains a built-in DFU IPSW option that allows you to get into DFU mode even with/without home button. On the other hand, before doing such steps be sure that you’ve backed up your gadget on iTunes. With having said that, we should get right to do it.
How To Get DFU Mode Without Home Button
1. First of, download the most recent version of Redsn0w. Then extract the zip file on your PC desktop for quick access.
2. Download the firmware file (IPSW), that you can restore to without the need of any pwnage or hacks steps.
3. Open the Redsn0w by just double clicking on executable file from zipped file we already extracted. For the Windows users, start redsn0w by right clicking on the redsn0w.exe and deciding upon “Run as Administrator” from context menu.
4. From main menu of Redsn0w, click on Extras.
5. From Extras menu, click on Even More.
6. From Even More menu, click on DFU IPSW.
7. Redsn0w will display a message box assisting you to pick an IPSW that you could restore currently without resorting to pwnage or hacks steps. Then Click on OK, select IPSW file you need to restore, then click the Open.
8. The Redsn0w will produce the DFU IPSW now. You’ll be informed as soon as the process is finished click OK. NOTE: the IPSW file with the prefix “ENTER_DFU_” will be produced.
9. Open the most recent version of the iTunes.
10. Pick your iOS device from left side menu. click the Summary tab.
11. Now just Shift+click in Windows or Option+click in Mac the Restore button. Select IPSW file with prefix “ENTER_DFU_”.
11. Your gadget will be restored now and will be set in the DFU mode automatically and the display screen will stay black. You can move forward now to jailbreak the based upon on firmware you’ve restored to.
These to enter “DFU mode without home button” is also appropriate if you cannot appear to get the right timing when performing these steps. I hope, this tutorial was able to assist you get into DFU mode without a home button.