Forgot iPhone passcode: is definitely a very serious issue now a days as passcode is required to access device. As Apple apply its security on iOS devices especially for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus. If you forgot your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch so you are in big trouble. Let’s check below to learn what to do? if you have also forgot iPhone passcode.
But losing your iPhone passcode doesn’t mean that your throw your iPhone as it is worthless now. As you can get rid of this with couple of glitches as we are showing the way you can get of if.
Apple have some serious concern about security, but not 100% when come to lock/unlock devices. Users already faced issues such as fingerprint bug and iCloud hack issue. People normally using passcode to protect their devices but some time they forget the device pass-code and there is no way except device restore to get into device.
#1: Unlock Your iPhone Passcode via iCloud
This method is very easy to restore your iOS device from malfunctioning state or unlock your device with forgotten passcode. If you lost your device or your device is stolen then you can use this method to wipe your device remotely. All you need an internet connection and Find My iPhone should be enabled in advance, otherwise this will not work.
- Using the web browser on your computer, go to iCloud.Com.
- Upon launching of the page, insert your login credentials e.g. username and password on the login page. Make sure you have used appropriate credentials, otherwise logging in won’t be done.
- Once logged in, all the devices incorporated with the iCloud account you have logged in with will be shown on screen. Find out the device you are having trouble with. There are options next to the devices, about what you want to do with it.
- Click on Erase operation for the device which you can’t log in to. The device will be wiped.
- Once your device is wiped, it will start up as a fresh device. Set it up using the same iCloud username and password again
- Initiate a restore operation for your iPhone that you have just restored. The process will take some time, depending on how big of a backup you had stored before initiation of the process.
After applying these steps just use another pattern or fingerprint to lock your device again.
#2: Unlock your iPhone passcode via iTunes Backup
To unlock your iPhone via iTunes backup make use of these steps:
- Connect your iOS device to a trusted computer, like you normally would. Wait till the iPhone syncs up with iTunes and all the data stored on the device is saved on the PC as well.
- Since now you have the latest backup stored on your computer, you can hit the restore option on iTunes.
- After the data erase is complete, the phone will boot up. Set it up using the previous username and password.
#3: Unlock your iPhone passcode using Recovery Mode
- This method can get little tricky, if possible get someone else as well.
- Turn the phone off. Press and hold the home and power button together while connecting the lightning cable to the PC at the same time. That’s where another hand could make the work easier.
- Until ‘Connect to iTunes’ appear on screen, don’t let the Home button go. When it does, release the Home button. iTunes will detect a device.
- Erase and Restore your iPhone using the same method.
Your iPhone is unlocked now even after you have forgot iPhone passcode. One thing you need to remember that while taking your device backup just make sure that you have unchecked Encrypt iPhone Backup option.