Microsoft Office Mobile is the official Office companion optimized for your iPhone. You can access, view and edit your Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint documents from virtually anywhere. Documents look like the originals, thanks to support for charts, animations, SmartArt graphics and shapes. When you make quick edits or add comments to a document, the formatting and content remain intact.
After months of rumors and years of hanging around, the Microsoft has eventually released the Office suite on iOS officially. But do not think too high, it is certainly not what you have been waiting for.
As the long name indicates, the “Office Mobile For Office 365 Subscribers” needs subscription of Office 365.You are able to modify the Word, Excel and PowerPoint docs on the move, although we are speaking minimal editing functionality here.
As for document, complicated cool layouts are supported for instance animations, charts, SmartArt graphics and different shapes. Obviously, all modifications to a document made by iPhone mirror on other devices, many thanks to Microsoft SkyDrive, the SkyDrive Pro and SharePoint support.
Access documents from virtually anywhere:
* Cloud â With your phone, you can access Office documents that are stored on SkyDrive, SkyDrive Pro, or SharePoint.**
* Recent Documents â Office Mobile is cloud-connected. The documents youâve recently viewed on your computer are readily available on your phone in the recent documents panel.
* Email Attachments â You can view and edit Office documents attached to email messages.
Office documents look stunning:
* Great-Looking Documents – Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents look great on your phone, thanks to support for charts, animations, SmartArt Graphics, and shapes.
* Optimized for phone – Word, Excel and PowerPoint have been optimized for the small screen of your phone.
* Resume Reading – When opening a Word document from SkyDrive or SkyDrive Pro on your phone, it automatically resumes at the place where you left off reading, even if you last viewed the document on your PC or tablet.
* Presentation Views – The Slide Navigator view in PowerPoint lets you browse slides faster, while speaker notes help you practice your presentation.
Make quick edits and share:
* Edit – You can make quick edits to Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
* Documents Remain Intact – Formatting and content remain intact when you edit Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents on your phone.
* Edit While Offline – Your device doesnât have to be continuously connected to the network to work on an Office document that is stored online. You can view and edit recently used documents even while youâre offline. Your changes will be saved online when your device reconnects to the network or to Wi-Fi.
* Create â You can create new Word and Excel documents on your phone.
* Comments – You can review comments that have been made in Word and Excel documents on your phone and add your own comments.
* Share – When youâre done with your edits or comments, simply send the document in email or save it to SkyDrive or SharePoint.
* An Office 365 subscription is required to use this app.
* Compatible with iPhone 4, 4S, and 5, iPod Touch 5th Generation. Requires iOS 6.1 or later.
* Microsoft Office 2013 on a PC is needed for features like recent documents and resume reading.
**Office 365 account and setup necessary. Data connection required. Storage limits and carrier fees apply.
As you would anticipate, it is possible to use the app to open up Office attachments in the email messages.
Additionally to the Office 365 subscription, the Microsoft Office 2013 on a computer is required for options such as recent documents and resume reading.
The app is works on the iPhone 4, 4S, 5 and 5th-generation iPod touch and needs iOS 6.1 or later.
You May Also Like
- Microsoft Office 2013 Will Be Officially Unveiled [REPORT]
- Microsoft Launches Dedicated Office Store For Third-Party Apps
- Download Microsoft SkyDrive 3.0 App Updated for iPhone 5 And iPad Mini Devices
- Office For Mac 2011 Updated, Now Features Retina Display Graphics For The New MacBook Pro