Hi there Galaxy S4 people, here is how to upgrade Galaxy S4(I9500) to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean applying AOSP custom ROM, we’ll help you using the detailed guide. If you’ve make your head to upgrade Galaxy S4, then comply with the directions and tips below to perform this properly and successfully.
Some Prerequisites & Guidelines
1. This Update guide is only for Galaxy S4 I9500. Therefore, do not try to attempt this method on other variants of Galaxy S4, it may brick your device.
2. You should have Factory Unlocked, Rooted Galaxy S4 I9500, and also Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP) should be installed.
3. Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy S4, by going to Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
4. Create a Backup of your important data.
5. Make sure you’ve at least 60% Batter charge on Samsung Galaxy S4.
6. Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk. We’ll shall not be responsible if anything goes wrong with your device. Note that the AOSP Custom ROM has already been tested and is confirmed to be working on Galaxy S4 I9500.
1. Click Here to get the Samsung USB Drivers for your Galaxy S4 I9500.
2. Click Here to get AOSP Custom ROM for your Galaxy S4.
You may also like these
- How to Install Android 4.3 Jellybean Google Play Edition Custom ROM for Galaxy S4
- How to Install DMod Custom ROM on Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Test Firmware For Galaxy S III : I9300XXUFME7 [Download Now]
- Step By Step Installation Of Android 4.2.2 On Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
Upgrade Galaxy S4(I9500) To Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Applying AOSP
Step 1. First of all connect Galaxy S4 with PC through Data Cable and Transfer the I9500-XWUBMG1-AOSPortv2-b11.zip to root storage area of Micro SD Card.
Step 2. After the shifting the files, you may disconnect your Galaxy S4 from PC.
Step 3. Now you will need to Restart the GS4 in Recovery Mode. Here’s how to perform it;
- First of all, Switch-off your GS4.
- Now Press and Hold the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power‘ buttons at the same time, till you see the recovery options on your screen.
Step 4. It is actually advised, Just before installing the custom ROM make Nandroid Backup. Here’s how to create it;
For CWM – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
For TWRP – Select WIPE, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
Step 5. Eventually the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 is ready now to be upgraded to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean applying the AOSP Custom ROM.
For CWM – Select the option called, ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and select the I9500-XWUBMG1-AOSPortv2-b11.zip file and confirm.
For TWRP – Tap on the ‘INSTALL’ option and select theI9500-XWUBMG1-AOSPortv2-b11.zip, file for Galaxy S4, after then swipe to confirm.
Based upon on your gadget, it may take a little while to install the AOSP Custom ROM on your Galaxy S4(I9500), so be patience.
Step 6. As soon as both the files are properly flashed, and Restart your gadget applying the Recovery Options.
When your gadget start normally, it needs to be on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. I hope you have learned, how to upgrade Galaxy S4(I9500) to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean applying AOSP custom ROM. For additional Tips and Tricks and other updates stay tuned to www.igitblog.com.