Here is good news for those people, having Samsung Galaxy S2, that they can now upgrade their Galaxy S2 to Jellybean 4.1.2 Android OS. You can now apply this (XXMS7 Dubbed) firmware update. This update has no bugs regarding battery drain, many bug fixes, updated stock apps and some of the optimizations for the RAM consumption. Here we’ve bring a step by step guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Official Jelly bean 4.1.2 firmware.
iPho9 will not be held responsible for any damage or lose to your device during or after the firmware update process. Proceed at your own risk. Applying this update won’t void the warranty as Samsung released this official firmware update.
You may also like:
- How to Download & Install Android 4.2.2 Jellybean Leaked Firmware on Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 On Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNAD
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (N5110) Running Android 4.2 Jellybean
Before Getting Started:-
- We always recommend you to first back up your data so that can be restored manually if the data gets lost or corrupted such as your SMS, Contacts, Call Log, Media Files, APN & MMS Settings etc.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy S2 by navigating to “Settings > Applications > Developer Options > USB debugging”
- Make sure that your device’s battery is charged at least about 60% to 70% before starting the update process.
- Now go ahead and following the given step by step guide carefully to upgrade your Galaxy S2 device to the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 XXMS7 Android firmware.
Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 With Jellybean 4.1.2 XXMS7:
Step No 1:- First of all download Jellybean 4.1.2 Android Firmware Package and Odin to your PC and extract them.
Step No 2:- Now launch Odin flashing tool as an Administrator on your.
Step No 3:- Power Off your Galaxy S2 to enter in the Download Mode.
Note:- How to enter in Download Mode?
You can enter into Download Mode by press and holding Home + Power + Volume Down buttons at the same time to enter your S2 in Download Mode.
Simply repeat/retry the process to enter your device in Download Mode if your device enters in the Normal mode.
Step No 4:- Now after entering in the Download Mode, just click on “AP” tab in the Odin.
Step No 5:- Now choose the .tar file that you’ve already downloaded from the given above link. click on “Start” in Odin. Start the updating process by pressing the Start button in Odin Flashing Tool.
Step No 6:- It will take some time, and you should wait for the firmware update process to be completed after clicking on “Start”. This firmware update process will take about 4 to 5 min. Your device will be automatically rebooted once done.
These were the simple steps to update your Galaxy S2 to Jellybean 4.1.2 XXMS7. If you face any problems/issues during the update process the let us know in the comments section below.