The people who owned Samsung Galaxy S3 can install the newest version of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware on their gadgets. It is an Android Open Source project based after market firmware, which makes genuine Android OS just like the Galaxy S3 gadgets.
After the installation of this firmware on your device you will be introduced to various latest features that you would wish to have on your Samsung Galaxy S3 such as gesture typing, multi-user support, new camera app, new quick settings option, lock-screen widget, photo sphere, enhanced Google Now ect… This technique will clean all of your data on your gadget which contains Google account details, contacts, message and installed applications on your device. Although it is not deleting anything which are on your micro SD card (Memory Card). But adhere to this guide, we recommend you to back up your all data.
- This guide contains ROM zip files only for the Samsung Galax S3 GT-I9300. Applying it to other devices cause unexpected results. So please follow this guide at your own risk. We will not be held responsible if something happens to your smartphone.
- Installing custom ROM voids the warranty. If your phone brick by following this tutorial, I can not claim its damages.
How To Install Android 4.2.2 On Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy S 3 is required before you start.
- Download CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly.
- Download GApps for CM 10.1.
- Back up your data before trying.
Step No 1: In the first step on your rooted Samsung Galaxy S3, flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
Step No 2: Then put the CM10.1 Nightly and GApps in the sdcard directory of your device.
Step No 3: Now turn off your device and put it into the ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this process, just press hold Volume Up + Home + Power Button simultaneously.
Step No 4: Remember to back up your data first. For taking backup select Backup & Restore, and then on the next display screen, choose Backup once again. Then go back to the main recovery menu after backup completion.
Step No 5: After step 4 Select install zip from your sdcard and select choose zip from sdcard. Then browse the CM 10.1 zip file & select it by pressing the Power button.
Step No 6: If you are using the GApps, perform step 5 with it.
Step No 7: After step 6 select wipe out data from the ClockworkMod main menu and after completing this remember to reboot the device.
If you have done all these steps perfectly, then you will have your Samsung Galaxy S3 on Android 4.2.2.