Do you know that it is possible to hide apps on your own iPhone or iPad? You may hide any stock app selectively or completely hide all the downloaded (non-stock) apps as well. It is an actually the old feature, yep, but for the new users of iOS who are not aware of this feature, here is really something to play tonight. Here is how to hide any iPhone app with iOS 7.
Privacy on iPhone:
A smart-phone is a private device but you have got the kids, relatives and friends using your iPhone – specifically if it is an iPhone 5 and nobody around you uses one of these. And in certain situations, this could be little uneasy if you have got the apps which are personal having the private data.
I have got this issue where my kids play the games on my iPhone. I am fine with this but sometimes it happens that the kids starting and messing around with the apps like WhatsApp, Mail etc. are very high.
You may also like these:
- Guide on How to Hide App Icons On The Main Menu Of Apple TV
- iOS 7 Beta Bug Allows You To Hide The Stock Apps [Video]
- How To Disable iAds & Hide Stock Apple Apps Through HiddenApps without Jailbreak
Hide Any iPhone App With iOS 7
Without having a jailbreak, there are actually two options:
- Hide selected stock apps
- Hide all downloaded apps
If you need to hide specific apps from your iPhone, there are actually a couple of jail-break tweaks that will hide the specific apps.
How to Hide iPhone Stock Apps:
- Go-to the Settings app
- Tap on the General
- Tap on the Restrictions
- You will have to input the pass-code for constraints (this should be different from iPhone pass-code)
- Now switch-off the toggle buttons for selected apps you do not need to shown on iPhone.
How to Hide iPhone Non-stock Apps:
- Go-to the Settings app
- Tap on the General option
- Tap on Restrictions
- Scroll to the Allowed Content and then tap the Apps
- Now, either select which kind of apps to allow for or simply tap “Don’t Allow” Apps just to hide all Non-Stock apps.
If you press the iPhone home button just to check the home screen, you will find all the Non-Stock or downloaded apps will become hidden.
When we hide the apps, they are hidden from the device, but not deleted. All the downloaded apps as well as the stock apps are completely out there on our iOS device.
When we hide all the downloaded apps and after that un-hide them once again, the device springboard will be reset their icons positions. We may get the previous placement by just syncing with iTunes.