Long ago in the iOS 6, clearly there was no direct mean to block specific sites in Safari. We got a couple of unappealing workarounds but which wasn’t chopping it. In the iOS 7, fortunately, we can block any websites on our own iPhone or iPad via few Restrictions. You do not find your self having to block sites on your iPhone – but if you’re sharing your iPhone with your children, you would need to block specific websites. The same is applicable for the iPads used at home where the youngsters get to play with this too. Read more to learn how to block any websites using Safari on iPhone in iOS 7.
Steps to block any websites using Safari on iPhone in iOS 7:
- Open the Settings app
- Tap on General
- Scroll down and tap on Restrictions
- If you have enabled restrictions already, enter the code. If not, you will have to tap on Enable Restrictions – then enter a random password twice to enable restrictions.
- Once inside Restrictions, scroll down and tap on Websites
- Tap on Limit Adult Content
- Under NEVER ALLOW, tap on Add a website…
- Enter the full URL of the website. (eg., www.samsung.com)
- Then Exit
You may also like these:
- Activate Link: Cydia Jailbreak Tweak to Open Predefined Websites Using Gestures
- How To Block Unwanted Calls & Messages With iOS 7 [Video]
- How To Generate Secure Passwords In Safari Using iOS 7
How To Block Any Websites Using Safari On iPhone In iOS 7
Check if these restriction is effective by opening up the specific URL in Safari. Start Safari and go-to that site you have just blocked. You must see the similar screen as below:
When you have block the website, the iPhone or iPad stops showing the belongings of that website in the Safari. And in almost any other web browser that you are using on iPhone or iPad. On the other hand, Safari clearly displays a link “Allow Website”, which suggests for the pass-code. Anybody smart one will get that the iPhone/iPad owner has particularly blocked this site. On other web browsers, a general error “Webpage Not Available” is shown and the restriction is hidden.