Evaluating by an expanding thread on support forums of Apple, an unidentified percentage of people seem to be suffering from activating issues related to FaceTime and iMessage after updating their iOS devices to new iOS 8. On the top of that, many of those who have activated the services complain successfully about not able to send/receive the messages, iMessage not dropping the SMS, being able to receive the messages however, not the media and even more. And here we have how to fix to iMessage issue on iOS 8.
There are several reason for this sort of issue, and we have to try couple of things until we find the actual fix.
Before finding any fix, we have to check these:
- Make sure your number listed in Phone app You can check it in Contacts – My Number. If not, you’ll need to go to Settings -> Phone -> My Number and enter your number.
- Make sure the Time Zone is correct and enabled “Set Automatically” option, also make sure the iPhone holds the right time.
- Also make sure you’ve got a working network. Wi-fi issues can cause iMessage activation problems so have cellular enabled.
- This is one of the most direct factor, you must first make sure that your carrier supports iMessage & Facetime Communications.
Steps to Fix FaceTime & iMessage Activation Error On iOS 8:
This is certainly exactly what other people experienced while in an exchange with their friends.
Apart from the regular iMessage failures, the majority of the before mentioned problems may be traced back to the iMessage activation glitches, with the gadget having stuck on the “Waiting For Activation” or indicating “An Error Occurred During Activation. Try again”.
1- Sign-off and then Sign-in with your Apple ID
- Open device Settings – > Message – > Send & Receive
- Tap on your current Apple ID and just hit Sign Out
- Turn the iMessage toggle to OFF and after a while turn it on back
- Sign-in with your Apple ID again and then try to re-activate the iMessage.
2- Apply Airplane Mode
- Disable the FaceTime and iMessage options in Settings
- From your device settings turn-on the Airplane mode, which will turned Off your device automatically
- Turn-on the WiFi switch
- Now again simply turn-on iMessage
- Now, just turn-off the Airplane mode.
- Now open the Messages setting, and toggle OFF and then toggle ON the iMessage option
- It may activate your iMessage.
3- Reset Network Connections
- Go to General part, followed by the reset option, and simple reset your device’s Network Settings
- It could activate the iMessage.
4: Using Apple Page to Save Changes
If the above fixes are not worked, then open the https://appleid.apple.com. from device browser and then click the button called “Manage My ID“, by entering the phone number and email address and finally hit the “Save Changes” button after doing this you will not get anything new but hopefully your iMessage will be activated.