Apple has seeded iOS 11 beta 1 to developers couple of days ago. The good news is it is possible to install iOS 11 beta 2 without developer account and without a computer just like iOS 11 beta 1.+
According to the release notes, iOS 11 beta 2 includes a number of bug fixes and improvements. Apple has also enabled features such as the Do Not Disturb While Driving in iOS 11 beta 2. It also includes the new sync system for your Safari Bookmarks and Reading List to provide better syncing and security. Apple has also fixed issues with the Bluetooth button in Control Center, and 3D Touch with data detectors. The release notes also include several new known issues such as Tweetbot, which may not be able to post tweets containing photos that have been recently taken, apps like Citi Mobile crashing at launch.
On the iPhone, iOS 11 refines the features introduced in iOS 10. Here are the main features:
- The Lock screen and Notification Center are merged so you can now swipe up on the Lock screen to view all your notifications, right there.
- Control Center is back to being just one screen. There are now tiles that you can 3D Touch to expand to view more information.
- Apple has redesigned the iMessage app drawer to make it easier to use.
- You can now use Apple Pay to pay other Apple Pay users, right from the Messages app.
- A potential end-all for syncing frustrations – iMessage, Siri, and Photos data will now sync between all your devices using iCloud.
- Siri now has a more natural voice, supports translation and gets a small visual update. Siri also supports list and QR code apps.
- App Store gets a big new redesign to make it look more like Apple Music. There are new tabs for Today, Apps and Games view.
- Do not Disturb While Driving feature automatically disables all notifications when you’re driving.
- When you take a screenshot, you’ll now get a little preview of it in the bottom-left corner. Tap on it and you’ll be able to mark up the screenshot before saving it or sharing with anyone.
- Files app replaces iCloud Drive app.
If iOS 11 beta 1 already installed:
- Reinstall the iOS Beta Software Profile by clicking on this link.
- Tap on the iOS 11 beta (Updated) option, and install the updated iOS 11 Beta profile.
- It will prompt you to restart your iOS device. Tap Restart to continue.
- After you have restarted your iPhone or iPad, you should see the iOS 11 Beta 2 OTA when you navigate to Settings > General > Software Update, and tap on Download and Install button to install iOS 11 beta 2.
If iOS 11 beta not installed:
- On your iOS device, head over to this link. Make sure to open it in Safari itself and not in any other browser or app
- You will be automatically redirected to ‘iOS Beta Software Profile’ from where you will have to tap on Install three times and select the reboot option
- Once your iPhone or iPad has rebooted, head over to Settings -> General -> Software update and the iOS 11 developer beta OTA should be available as a download on your device. If the update does not show up, wait for a few minutes and try again. If that still does not work, make sure to restart your iPhone or iPad again.
After the OTA is downloaded, install it like you would install any other iOS update. You can watch the above video to get better idea of how the process works.