GeoHot Hacker is well-known for moving around numerous hacking scenes. You may that he first began off dealing with iOS launching several Jailbreaks, then changed into hacking the PlayStation and now it looks like he is getting into developing Android operating system roots.
GeoHot has released a root as a single .apk file, according to a thread on the XDA Developer Forums. Normally rooting is a little bit more challenging of a process compared to Jailbreaking, but with this ‘active’ root for the Galaxy S4 users simply need to install the .apk file and their device will become rooted.
ActiveRoot is the tool which is available to download for free from the official ActiveRoot website. Here are steps to use ActiveRoot to root Samsung Galaxy S4 easily.
- First go to Settings and click the “More” tab. Then go into security and check “Unknown Sources.”
- Now you’ll enable USB Debugging. Then go to Settings & click on “More” tab. Now go into “About Device.” Quickly click on “Build number” until it says that developer options are enabled. Now go back and Developer Options will appear in the “More” tab. Go in and check “USB Debugging.”
- Click on the link http://geohot.com/activeroot from your device and click the lampda picture to download the apk file.
- Now run the apk. And it should give you a message telling you that you have rooted.
- After these steps visit the Play Store and download the Super User application of your choice (such as SuperSU).
You may also like:
- Step By Step Guide To Root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 On Android 4.2.2 [ChainFire Auto Root]
- Download And Install The Samsung Galaxy S4 S Voice App On Android Phone
- How To Guide: Speed Up Samsung Galaxy SIII Android Smart Phone With No Time
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Has Been Rooted â Before Its Arrival
Let us know if you were able to use ActiveRoot to root your Galaxy S4 in the comments section below.