TinyUmbrella, the iOS potential upgrade/downgrade tool received another beta update with some new changes, just after one week of last beta version of this tool. TinyUmbrella is getting some serious come back, which will definitely open the window for iOS downgrades in near future. People who are interested can download TinyUmbrella beta v184.108.40.206 now to get some real test.
In the meanwhile we got some news that Apple stopped signing iOS 8.1.3 which indicate that iOS 8.2 downgrade to iOS 8.1.3 won’t be possible.
Download TinyUmbrella Beta v220.127.116.11
Semaphore also known as @notcom has already confirmed that after the scratch start of TinyUmbrella will support the latest iOS versions including iOS 8.2 and iOS 8.1.2 and iOS devices including iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus. The TinyUmbrella version is available in beta and it requires Java.
This latest beta of TinyUmbrella a number of fixes and some improvements. The complete change log is here provided by developer semaphore at TinyUmbrella blog:
- Architecture detection – TinyUmbrella will now warn you if iTunes is a different architecture. This affects device detection. If TinyUmbrella and iTunes are not the same architecture, TinyUmbrella will not be able to detect your device
- Contention issues – I had some nasty race conditions revolving around startup and the handling of files. This has been fixed in the latest build
- SHSH ECID and Version detection – TinyUmbrella was failing to detect very old (3.x) SHSH formats. This resulted in -1.shshs. This has been fixed and the actual SHSHs found in those -1 files will be placed in their proper homes automatically.
- Longer TSS Fetch cooldown – This is important because if we hit the TSS servers too quickly, their flood detection will kick in and we will earn ourselves a nice temporary IP ban.
- Device Highlighting from SHSH table – When you select a signature in the table, the corresponding device is highlighted in the device tree.
- Many more bug fixes
@notcom further claims that this version of TinyUmbrella is providing support to on-device SHSH fetching for A7 and A8 devices which includes:
- A7 Devices include:
- iPhone 5S, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2 (retina), iPad Mini 3
- A8 Devices include:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus, iPad Air 2
How to save SHSH blobs using new TinyUmbrella beta
To save your device SHSH blobs you need AFC2 simple search on Cydia for Apple File Conduit “2”. And after installing the new TinyUmbrella beta just launch the tool and your device will be showing in left pane just right click on it and then select the option called “Fetch SHSH on device”.
Download New TinyUmbrella Beta
Once again, it is advised to save your SHSH blobs you need to download TinyUmbrella now to have some fun from iOS downgrade in near future. You can visit http://blog.firmwareumbrella.com/ to download TinyUmbrella and finding more details.