Downgrade iOS 8.3 Back To iOS 8.2
Since February there are several test betas has been seeded by the Apple before launching the final and public version of iOS 8.3 for Apple latest iOS devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple TV. This new update carries some bug fixes, performance improvements and features such as CarPlay Wireless, re-designed Emoji keyboard, new languages in Siri. But down here we are focusing on how to downgrade iOS 8.3 back to iOS 8.2 as per demand by different people.
You can download the update available via OTA by navigating to Settings -> General -> Software Update. People who already get this new update but facing some issues and need to downgrade iOS 8.3 back to iOS 8.2 to fix the issue, then down here a very simple guide to get back the last update, as Apple has not yet blocked the signing window for this.
If you want to downgrade your iOS device back to iOS 8.2 from iOS 8.3, which is compatible with the following iOS devices:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad Air 2, iPad Air
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini with retina display
- iPod touch 5th generation
Steps to Downgrade from iOS 8.3 to iOS 8.2
As iOS 8.3 is the most update iOS version, you cannot update to an older version through iTunes. You will have to go through the following process.
- Head over to this page and download iOS 8.2 IPSW for your iOS device. Ensure that you have downloaded the correct IPSW firmware according to the model number of your device. Installing incorrect firmware might damage the iOS device. The download size of these files ranges from 1.5GB to 2GB. So, downloading the firmware will take some time.
- Once you have the correct iOS firmware version downloaded, plug your iOS device to the computer using USB cable
- Launch iTunes
- Navigate to the device’s summary page and hold the Option/Alt on the keyboard. Or, Shift if you are using Windows
- While holding the key combination mentioned above, click Update in iTunes
- Browse to the location where you have saved the IPSW file and open it. Now iTunes will begin downgrading your iPhone/iPad and install iOS 8.2
Your device should now be running iOS 8.2. If you want to restore your backup, go to the device’s summary page in iTunes and click on Restoring Backup. Wait for some time until the process is completed, and your device should be back on iOS 8.3.
Let us know in the comments section below if you have any query or problem while downgrading your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch from iOS 8.3 to iOS 8.2.