iPhone are excellent device to use these days, and we have no doubt about the features and security offered by iPhone. Apple already announced cheaper iPhone SE a new 4-inch smartphone that presents a cheaper and smaller alternative to Apple’s flagship devices iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus. But top of all this having a new iPhone in your hands you may face one issue and that is iPhone activation. Here we come with another short guide to activate iPhone without SIM card. Check out more details.
iPhone is meant to be a phone and the other two iOS devices are not, therefore we need a valid SIM card to activate iPhone for the first time. So if you have an iPhone which not activated and you need without SIM iPhone activate method, then follow this little tutorial.
3 Easy Way To Activate iPhone Without SIM Card
When you have a new iPhone in your hand, and you need to activate it, but as we know without a valid SIM your iPhone remain stuck on activation screen. However a little awkward trick can be use to bypass the activation screen. Then you can use your iPhone for other purpose such as surfing internet or media device but not as phone. This trick is not applicable on all iPhones especially the latest ones, because the new devices need a SIM card to get activated. Anyways, you can follow this tricks on earlier iPhone models.
Simple trick to activate iPhone:
- Turn on the iPhone by holding down the power button until the display turns on. Once the iPhone boots up and gets stuck at the no SIM card installed screen, that’s where the second step begins.
- Tap on the Home button when the iPhone is on. It won’t redirect to Home since the iPhone isn’t activated, however an option to make an emergency call will be offered. Dial some number like 112, make a call and immediately hang up using the red button. If you could use the power button with appropriate tricks, the home screen will show up instead of a stuck up white screen.
Using iTunes to Activate iPhone:
iTunes is also provides you another way to activate your iPhone without any SIM card needed. Just follow these steps to activate your iPhone.
- Download iTunes from Apple’s official website. Using the latest version of iTunes is always recommended, because a backdated version might end up with conflicts between the computer’s OS and the phone’s OS. Apple’s website has the most updated version of iTunes at any given time, so it’s the wisest idea to get the executable installer from Apple Website.
- Have your lightning cable or 40 pin dock connector ready. Since the iPhone needs to be connected with the PC physically, the cable is required. Connect your iPhone with the PC using the authorized cable.
- After the phone is detected on iTunes, the software interface will show step by step instructions on computer. Follow them to get the iPhone set up and activated without having a SIM card inside the slot.
Use R-Sim / X-Sim to Activate iPhone:
You can also use the R-Sim or X-Sim card to activate iPhone without the original carrier SIM card. To do so just follow this procedure:
- Insert your sim card with the R-sim into your phone.
- Select the carrier from the list or enter your IMSI code.
- Confirm and restart your device.
- Your iPhone will start searching for service and the activation will be completed.
(Source : Unlockboot.com)
Hopefully there will be no more activation screen out there, if you performed any of the above mentioned methods to activate iPhone without SIM card.